Results of the MAY SimTech™ Challenge –
First Place Goes to Alexandru Crai of OM Besser Group for the MAY SimTech™ Injection Molding Challenge. A hearty round of applause to Alexandru!
MAY SimTech™ Challenge Wrap Up
This month’s participants showed real molding skill. In order to earn a score, you had to make as many good parts as possible in a 120-hour job. Challengers in APRIL had some difficulty, but not so much this time. The difference between the top placing molder and the person in 30th was just 2852 parts per 120 hour job. That’s some darn good molding everyone!
Now for the winners. We have a group of challengers who consistently top the leaderboard, you’ll note our reigning champ from 2019, Johnny Ash, AGAIN placed second. However, if you’ve won all three monthly prizes already you are now only eligible to earn points for the GRAND PRIZE of $6,000 worth of training from Paulson. We want you to keep participating and we want everyone to have a chance to win a prize, so only first time winners get the monthly prizes.
- First Place: Alexandru Crai, OMS Besser Group
- Second Place: Johnny Ash, Preformed Line Products
- Third Place: Luke Snyder, Windsor Mold Group
MAY PRIZE Winners:
- First Place: Alexandru Crai, OMS Besser Group – (wins a hat & t-shirt & $500 training credit from Paulson)
- Second Place: Doug Burkead, Impact Molding – (wins hat & $300 training credit from Paulson)
- Third Place: Heather Wegner, ORBIS Corp. – (wins t-shirt & $200 training credit from Paulson)
Congratulations to our winners and all who participated! Well done! To learn more about our monthly SimTech Molding Challenges visit details here. And for the PRIZES? Click the button below for details on the awards and rules of play. To see how you or your fellow molders ranked this month, check out the leader board by clicking here and choose ‘MAY 2020’ from the drop down menu.
Get ready for JUNE. Take advantage and pre-signup. Don’t miss out. Get on the list to win! Until then, keep on learning!
Having Fun with our Competitions?
Imagine the team of skilled molders you could create if SimTech was in your plant 24-7? Your employees could be improving their molding expertise in a safe, low-cost environment, building critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. And you can stage your own friendly in-house competitions. It’s proven, molding simulation is the best and most cost-effective way to become a better molder. You don’t want your employees making their mistakes or trying new techniques on the production floor at an actual machine—now that’s a costly way to learn. The simulation of complex processes is quickly becoming the gold standard of skill development. SimTech is the answer for injection molding.
Here’s just a few of the applications you can employ with SimTech:
- Hiring Qualified Employees – Before hiring a potential employee, test their knowledge and skills with problem solving exercises in Simtech.
- Technician Promotion – Give your candidates for promotion a test before you make that decision.
- In-plant Competitions to promote learning and discussion – Have your own competitions amongst your team. Have a discussion on what process settings work and why.
Just hearing about this? Want to join in on all the fun? Sign up and learn more here.
To learn more about SimTech and all the other skill development courses Paulson offers, visit PaulsonTraining.com or call 1-800-826-1901; or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.