Understanding the four steps of the molding cycle is key, and in this webinar, our…
Announcing the DECEMBER SimTech™ Molding Challenge Winners and the Overall Injection Molder of the Year!
The TOP Monthly Molder Goes to Johnny Ash of Preformed Line Products, for the DECEMBER SimTech™ Injection Molding Challenge and the 2020 Top SimTech Injection Molding Champion goes to…..
***In case you missed it, Paulson SimTech Challenges made the NEWS! Check out the full page feature in Plastics News here.
The 2020 SimTech™ Injection Molding Challenge Wrap-up.
EXCITING NEWS! We’re thrilled to announce Paulson’s Top Injection Molding Champion of this year’s SimTech Injection Molding Challenge, but before we do, we need to first congratulate the winners of the December Molding Challenge. Plus! This year, with so many talented participants, we’ve added three additional award categories — more on that later.
Let’s give a big round of applause to the December Molding Challenge Winners:
- 1st Place – Johnny Ash – Preformed Line Products with a top score of: 102,671.00
- 2nd Place – David Franta – LSI with a second place score of: 102,637.00
- 3rd Place – Marie Stalla – Mercedes Benz US Int’l (MBUSI) with a third place score of: 102,131.00
In addition to the top three December winners, we are giving prizes to those participants who earned scores, but did not already win a prize. Those winners and their prizes are:
December Prize Winners:
- 1st place – Dave Franta, LSI (1st time winner) – wins hat, shirt, $500 training credit from Paulson
- 2nd place – Marie Stalla, MBUSI (1st time winner) – wins hat & $300 training credit from Paulson
- 3rd place – Kirk Juetten, Donnelly Custom Manufacturing (won 2nd place last month) – wins shirt, $200 training credit from Paulson
Good to Know: Be sure to claim your prizes, especially your training credits, before the end of 2021.
And as an added bonus, this year we’re spotlighting additional award categories:
- Rookie of the Year goes to Marie Stalla, MBUSI! She’s a first time participant in 2020 and earned third place in the winning line up! Congratulations Marie!
- Companies with the Most Participants goes to:
- Jones Plastic
- Preformed Line Products
- Impact Molding
- Falcon Plastics
- Windsor Mold Group
- Most Improved Player goes to Jamie Arnold of Jones Plastic. Jamie has competed in the Paulson SimTech Injection Molding Challenges from the beginning and this year he earned scores and made the top ten spot on the leaderboard almost every month. Stellar job!
The Big Reveal. Who is the 2020 SimTech™ Injection Molding Champion?
AND NOW FOR THE OVERALL WINNER of the 2020 SimTech Injection Molding Challenge!
We’re pleased to announce that Johnny Ash of Preformed Line Products, with a whopping total point accumulation of 739, is this year’s Top Injection Molder! Congratulations Johnny Ash for holding onto your title and for winning the GRAND PRIZE of $6000 worth of training from Paulson Training Programs for you and your company. You are Paulson’s reigning Champ! Is there anyone out there that can beat this guy?
What’s Mr. Ash’s secret? In looking at his data, it’s clear “consistency” is the secret ingredient. While Mr. Ash didn’t win first place each month, he consistently placed in the top three, seven of the 11 months and raked in those points! Alexandru Crai, from OMS Besser Group, was close behind with a total point accumulation of 713. He placed first in five of the monthly challenges, but didn’t earn a winning spot in any other months which cost him points. It goes to say that being consistent pays off. And SimTech is the perfect tool to practice being consistent. Which in the end is what truly matters on the plant floor.
Congratulations everyone! You all showed impressive molding skill. The December Challenge was particularly tough and required determined focus. All the challenges this year truly tested your molding metal (plastic) and we’re pleased to say, based on the data from SimTech’s tracking ability, folks who participated showed real skill, the plastics industry has some incredible injection molders out there.
You should all feel proud of your molding abilities. But don’t rest on your laurels. Get ready for next year! We’ll be releasing details for the 2021 SimTech Injection Molding Challenge soon. In the meantime, keep practicing and stay well. And remember, the more you practice, the more you strengthen your skill, and the better you will become at processing and solving any processing problems that come your way. #BeSkillsReady
**Winners & Prizes Explained
You’ll note our TOP MOLDERS and PRIZE winners for the month are different. Why? In order to give everyone an opportunity to win a prize and keep things fair, we’re limiting the monthly prize wins. Once you achieve FIRST PLACE, you cannot claim another monthly prize again for the year. If you won SECOND or THIRD PLACE, you can still work your way up to FIRST and claim the top spot. If you’re not eligible to win the monthly prizes again, it doesn’t mean you can’t compete. You can still accumulate points to win the GRAND PRIZE. So always participate!
To learn more about our monthly SimTech Molding Challenges visit details here. And for the PRIZES? Read the information here for details on the awards and rules of play. To see how you or your fellow molders ranked this month, check out the leader board by clicking here and choose ‘DECEMBER 2020’ from the drop down menu.
Get ready for the next Challenge. Take advantage and pre-signup. Don’t miss out. Get on the list to win! Until then, keep on learning!
Having Fun with our Competitions?
Imagine the team of skilled molders you could create if SimTech was in your plant 24-7? Your employees could be improving their molding expertise in a safe, low-cost environment, building critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. And you can stage your own friendly in-house competitions. It’s proven, molding simulation is the best and most cost-effective way to become a better molder. You don’t want your employees making their mistakes or trying new techniques on the production floor at an actual machine—now that’s a costly way to learn. The simulation of complex processes is quickly becoming the gold standard of skill development. SimTech is the answer for injection molding.
Here’s just a few of the applications you can employ with SimTech:
- Hiring Qualified Employees – Before hiring a potential employee, test their knowledge and skills with problem solving exercises in Simtech.
- Technician Promotion – Give your candidates for promotion a test before you make that decision.
- In-plant Competitions to promote learning and discussion – Have your own competitions amongst your team. Have a discussion on what process settings work and why.
Just hearing about this? Want to join in on all the fun? Sign up and learn more here.
To learn more about SimTech and all the other skill development courses Paulson offers, visit PaulsonTraining.com or call 1-800-826-1901; or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.