We are thrilled to announce that Don Paulson, Founder and Chairman of Paulson Training Programs,…
Paulson Announces NEW Interactive Injection Molding Training Course
NEW Technology of Injection Molding Training Course
CHESTER, CT — The Technology of Injection Molding – Level One (TIM) is Paulson’s newest interactive online training course for injection molders. It combines Paulson’s technical content with their proprietary molding simulation program SkillBuilder™ all in one easy to use online training course. Imagine learning the scientific techniques of injection molding, then immediately practicing those skills on a molding machine simulator – a powerful combination that delivers the most effective learning platform available. This new product release completely updates Paulson’s popular Practical Injection Molding program and includes realistic 3D animations that take the student inside the molding process, a viewpoint that can’t be seen standing in front of the molding machine.
This intensive training course, also available in Spanish, covers all the fundamental molding information personnel must know to operate effectively on the production floor including:
- Molding Machine Parts & Operation
- Mold Types and Components
- Plastic Behavior in Molding
- Machine Fill and Pressure Controls
- Machine Timer, Temperature and Clamp Controls
The goal of this new course is to help molders reduce scrap, decrease downtime, and boost production efficiency. Using the SkillBuilder ™ simulator enforces this goal by completely immersing the user into the scientific molding concepts.
The 14 SkillBuilder Simulation Lab lessons in Paulson’s The Technology of Injection Molding – Level One are:
- Lesson 1 – Understanding the Injection Molding Process
- Lesson 2 – Setting the Machine Controls
- Lesson 3 – Understanding Fill Rate Controls
- Lesson 4 – Setting the Injection Limit Timer
- Lesson 5 – The Maximum Injection Pressure Settings
- Lesson 6 – Setting the Holding Pressure
- Lesson 7 – The Effects of Back Pressure
- Lesson 8 – The Effects of Barrel Zone Temperatures on the Melt Temperature
- Lesson 9 – Some Effects of the Mold Temperature
- Lesson 10 – The Effects of Screw RPM
- Lesson 11 – The Effects of the Screw Back Position
- Lesson 12 – Mold Closed Time and Mold Open Time vs Melt Temperature
- Lesson 13 – Effects of Clamp Force
- Lesson 14 – Achieving and Controlling the Melt Temperature
Plastic behaves according to predictable physical laws and doesn’t know or care what type of machine it’s in, the time of day, or the part it makes. Understanding processing from the plastics point of view (PPV) is the key to world-class molding and in this new online interactive program there’s no better way to illustrate that fact.
Paulson Training Programs, Inc., is the leading provider of technical training for the plastics industry. All of the Paulson programs are based on the Paulson Method, a logical step-by-step approach that teaches processing from the “plastics point of view,” a term coined by Donald C. Paulson well over 40 years ago; and builds processing knowledge as participants progress through the courses. Paulson training programs are currently in use by thousands of plastics processors and hundreds of colleges and universities worldwide. Paulson’s philosophy of investing in people, not just machinery, has become a proven model of success.
For complete lesson descriptions, or additional information about The Technology of Injection Molding, visit PaulsonTraining.com or contact Paulson Training Programs by calling 1-800-826-1901; or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
***High-resolution images are available upon request.