Webinar: Plastics Processing 101: Understand Plastic Behavior and Become a Better Molder In this FREE…
How to Move a Mold to Another Machine
Moving a mold to another press is often required for operational efficiency but usually requires additional process development or revalidation efforts which translates to added costs. In this FREE Webinar, you’ll learn how to avoid added costs in press time, material, engineering time, metrology and inspection documentation, and the worst kind, repeating the entire cycle process. In many cases these costs can be dramatically reduced through the use of universal set-up data. Our lead instructor, Todd Bryant will review best practices in mold transfer and show you how key science-based molding principles can impact process parameters and part properties.
Key Take Aways:
- Understand the traditional “Mold Transfer” process.
- Know the factors to consider before installation of a mold in another press.
- Learn to match the original process in terms of the Four Plastic Variables instead of building a completely new process.
- Review of the Four Plastic Variables in more detail.
- Learn to duplicate the process on another machine using the machine independent setup data.
- Summary of the key points when considering moving a mold to another molding press.
In this FREE webinar you will see techniques that can dramatically change the way you mold.
Special Guest: Donald C. Paulson
2021 Plastics Hall of Fame Inductee, (read more here), Donald Paulson is the founder and chairman of Paulson Training Programs, Inc. and the creator of the now widely accepted method of teaching plastic processing from the “Plastics Point of View”. Don will join this webinar and give his valuable insight into how science based molding principles can make all the difference in processing plastic. An experience you won’t want to miss.