Interactive Online Training
COMPOUNDING WITH THE TWIN SCREW EXTRUDER
Goals of this Course:
- Explains the “hows and whys”of plastic behavior to improve employee understanding and feeling of ownership
- Hi-Def 3-D graphics and production floor video show twin screw extruders in operation, extruder controls, cutaway animations of what is going on inside the extruder, and how control setting adjustments affect the plastic and output.
- Combines optimal machine-running procedures with proven employee-learning models for more thorough, better-retained learning
- Teaches in-depth operating skills for increased efficiency and productivity
- Develops insight for quicker, more accurate troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Strengthens process control skills for greater productivity and less waste
Course Description: Compounding with the Twin Screw Extruder provides training on the fundamentals of compounding with a twin screw extruder, including parts and operation, raw materials used, plastic behavior, optimizing controls, safety and startup procedures, troubleshooting and more. Employees will become experts in the startup, operation, and shutdown of the twin screw extruder. Emphasis is on maximizing productivity, safe operating procedures and quickly solving problems.
The manufacturer’s of your twin-screw extruders can tell you everything there is to know about how your machines work. And there are scores of colleges and universities that can give you in-depth details about how production employees learn. But Paulson Training Programs gives you both, in a tested, reality-based, hands-on interactive training program.
Compounding with the Twin Screw Extruder is the only Twin Screw training course that delivers these twin benefits, from basic operations to advanced troubleshooting. Your employees learn about your machines and about plastic behavior – another benefit that improves your productivity and quality while reducing waste. The bottom line? A win-win proposition for productivity and profitability.
Recommended For: Twin Extruder Operators, Material Handlers, Set-up Personnel, Production Supervisors
Length: 8 Lessons – 14-16 Hours of Training
Lesson 1 – Twin Screw Extruder – Parts and Operation
Lesson 2 – The Structure of Plastics
Lesson 3 – How Plastics Flow – Effects of Pressure, Temperature and Flow
Lesson 4 – Plastic Behavior in the Twin Screw Extruder
Lesson 5 – Optimizing Twin Screw Extruder Controls
Lesson 6 – Safety, Pre-start and Start-up Procedures
Lesson 7 – Steady-State Operation, Shutdown and Maintenance
Lesson 8 – Troubleshooting the Twin Screw Extruder
Paulson Interactive Training Courseware – Click Below to View all Courses
The Paulson extrusion program is making our employees more efficient and their troubleshooting skills are improving!
We operate 24 hours a day and the Paulson Interactive courses allow us to train all employees around our busy production schedule — without stopping machines!
The thing that I like most about using the training programs from Paulson is the flexibility of them. If an extruder operator has some down time, they can take a lesson and come back without interrupting their work schedule. Also, as problems come up, we use the training to find solutions to our specific problems.