- Interactive CD-ROM
- Online Training
- English, Spanish, Mandarin
- Watch Demo
With this training on the fundamentals of injection molding technology, your employees will have a solid understanding of the basics in injection molding and can apply that knowledge right away in the SkillBuilder lab lessons. Course content includes parts of the molding machine, mold types, nature of plastics and machine operation. Also available in Spanish and Mandarin Chinese.
5 Lessons – 15 SkillBuilder Lab Lessons – 22 Hours
Train production personnel, supervisors and managers to understand the molding process at their appropriate “need to know” level. Your new process-capable production team will:
- Exercise greater control over the molding process and reduce rejects and scrap
- Improve part quality
- Increase productivity
Step “inside” the mold to visualize the process as graphic animation reveals the machine and plastic behavior during the molding process.
Learn the “what”, “why” and “how” of injection molding technology.
Module 1 – Basic Injection Molding
Fundamentals of injection molding technology, including basic knowledge that all personnel involved with the molding process must understand in order to make informed decisions on the production floor. Recommended for Machine Operators, Material Handlers, Set-up Personnel, and Production Supervisors.
- Lesson 1: Inside the Molding Machine
- Lesson 2: Inside the Mold
- Lesson 3: The Nature of Plastics
- Lesson 4: Machine Operating Controls – Part 1
- Lesson 5: Machine Operating Controls – Part 2
Module 2 – SkillBuilder Lab Lessons for Injection Molding Basic Module
- Lesson 1: Understanding the Injection Molding Process
- Lesson 2: Setting Machine Controls
- Lesson 3: Understanding Fill Rate Controls
- Lesson 4: The Effects of Back Pressure
- Lesson 5: Setting the Injection Limit Timer
- Lesson 6: The Maximum Injection Pressure Settings
- Lesson 7: Setting the Holding Timer
- Lesson 8: Setting the Holding Pressure
- Lesson 9: Mold Closed Time and Mold Open Time vs Melt Temperature
- Lesson 10: The Effects of Barrel Zone Temperatures on the Melt Temperature
- Lesson 11: Some Effects of the Mold Temperature
- Lesson 12: The Effects of Screw RPM
- Lesson 13: The Effect of the Screw Back Position
- Lesson 14: Effects of Clamp Force
- Lesson 15: Achieving and Controlling the Melt Temperature
SkillBuilder™ will revolutionize the way you train your employees. Click here for more information!